Once again, some one, actually in this case, some oneS, has noticed my little blog and nominated me for a couple of awards. I’ll make my acceptance and thank-yous in a slightly unconventional way if that’s okay.
Thank you Marla from A Pendulum World for the Liebster. I’m not sure how you stumbled across my blog, but I sure am glad you did. Your comments and support of my blog are just gorgeous and I’m really enjoying the insight you bring into your posts too.
You’ve asked for five random facts about me and I’ll answer your questions below.
- I love hokey pokey ice-cream.
- I always thought I would end up with a big family … of girls. Instead I have one girl and three boys!
- I love to nap – I can even nap in the school car park for 10mins before picking kids up at the end of the day!
- I LOVE music, especially live music, but I don’t play an instrument myself.
- I didn’t learn to drive until I was 29 years old and four months pregnant at the time!
Marla’s questions and my answers
- Why do you blog?
I started blogging because I love to write. I have journalled for years – blogging (putting it in a public forum) challenges me to write a little more clearly. All that is true but I continue to blog because I’ve found a community which is just gorgeous. I think I put it best here or there are a few posts about why I blog (I think about this a lot, it has become a big part of my life) under my blog tag here 🙂
- Who is the person you look up to the most and why?
My mum. She was my best friend, my role model, my mum. She taught me amazing life lessons. She modeled them too. I am who I am because of her. And I miss her like crazy every day.
- What brings you the most peace in life?
My faith in God.
- Where is your favorite place to vacation?
Anywhere I am warm and can relax with a good book (so clichéd right?!).
- What is your favorite book?
Just one?! The Power of One by Bryce Courtenay has been on my top five list since I first read it as a teenager.
Thank you Trish from Digital Trish for One Lovely Blog nomination. Trish has loads of very cool photography – she calls herself amateur but honestly, to someone who likes things that look amazing, well, it all looks pretty pro to me!
You’ve asked me to share seven random facts about myself so here are seven more…
- I love crunchy peanut butter with slices of fresh tomato, salt and pepper on toast.
- I have never seen my national rugby team, The All Blacks, play live. If I had a bucket list, that would so definitely be on it.
- I have always been a bookworm. My parents used to encourage us to play outside in the fresh air and sunshine, so I would take my book outside and read 😉
- I have really big feet (US size 10, Euro 41-42). This can mean I often get great deals in end of season sales which leads me to….
- … I LOVE a bargain. My mum used to (semi) jokingly say ‘it’s not what you spend, it’s what you save’. My theory is it is better to buy something quality on special, than something cheap, just because it’s cheap. That said, when I bought my boys three pairs of sports shorts for a total of $12 at K-MART the other day, I was pretty happy with that too!!!
- I secretly love watching Dr Phil.
- Some day my husband and I want to build a house in the country, nothing flash, but some where family want to gather and grandchildren (I want lots of grandchildren, God willing) can play in.
Blogs you should check out…
Because I’ve done this a few times now, I’m going to refer back to my original award list of blogs, with a few additions. Not saying they have to respond, most of them have anyway. These are just my fav places in blog-land to read, all for different reasons…
Thanks again Marla and Trish.
I hope you all enjoy checking out these blogs, there’s something there for everyone I’m sure…