Oh my oh my oh my. So I’ve been nominated for the Liebster again. This blows me away. Honestly, I write/blog for me – I pretty much spew words straight from my heart to the keyboard. I’m amazed every time a complete stranger likes or comments on something I’ve written. Let alone follows me … and keeps reading. It’s an honour, truly.
So a big thank you to Joel over at Chesapeake Films who just happens to belong to a Facebook blog group I joined recently. We’ve had a couple of conversations on his love of New Zealand – so I know he’s all around good! It’s always nice to read Joel’s comments on my posts too, which are heartfelt and inspiring.
The rules of the award:
- You have to link back to the person that nominated you. (That was Joel, linked up there, here it is again in case you missed it!)
- You must answer all 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you.
- After completing these questions you must nominate 11 bloggers under 200 followers and give them 11 questions of your choice.
- You must not nominate the person who nominated you.
- You must let your nominees know that they have been nominated and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.
Joel’s questions for me:
1. Why Blogging?
I love to write and thought about blogging for years before I actually got here. In the end, a time in my life where I really needed to take a look at where things are at, prompted me to put pen to paper (fingers to keys, whatever!), Over the last four months I have completely fallen in love with blogging!
2. Twitter or FB?
FB! I manage three accounts (my own plus two for work). I don’t even know how to use Twitter but tempted to explore it.
3. Has there ever been a book that made you cry?
So so so many books make me cry. When I read, it’s like watching a movie – the pictures are so vivid and I fall in love with the characters. I feel it all. I cried reading Charlotte’s Web and A Little Princess as a girl. Not much has changed!
4. What was the last meal you prepared from scratch?
Umm, all of them! I always try to cook using fresh, unprocessed ingredients as much as possible. Last night we had a Thai Beef Curry.
5. If you could go back in time, would you change anything?
Great question! Honestly, and this is something I’ve thought about a lot, I can say no. I wouldn’t change a thing. I’ve had some pretty hellish periods in my life but they make me who I am now. Maybe sounds cliche … but true. And life just keeps getting better (working on it anyway) so I know I needed to travel the lows to really be able to experience the highs.
6. Do you believe in “the road less travelled?
Ummmm, not really. But I do appreciate Peck’s thoughts on delaying gratification, acceptance of responsibility and dedication to truth (please let honesty rule!). It would be fair to say I think of all of these in my parenting philosophy.
7. Robin Williams…go!
So sad – sad for his family. Sad to think of how desperate he must have been at the end of his life. Sad that the world has lost a fine and funny comedic voice. And SO SO SO sad that it has taken the loss of someone with such a high profile to get people REALLY talking about mental health. I could go on … and on!
8. What was your worst experience while traveling?
Nothing really comes to mind! I’ve been lucky. I did have a horrific job while backpacking in Australia – delivering new wheelie rubbish bins and then worst of all, picking up the old ones!
9. What are the top three things on your bucket list?
I don’t have a bucket list. But I REALLY want to travel to Italy and France.
10. Is it the journey or the destination?
Journey – and learning the lessons along the way.
11. What do you do to unwind/to get rid of the toxins from the day, to vent out your frustrations/to clear your head?
Books, writing, music.
I have done this fairly recently so I’m going to suggest you head over to my other post and check out the blogs I nominated last time – I’m not really one for giving names for the sake of giving names. These really are great and still sit at the top of my list.
Four new sites I will nominate, who I would love you to check out are:
Questions for my nominees:
- Read on screen or old school book?
- You have a night in, what’s the best way to spend it?
- Favourite book (sorry, two book questions already, can’t help myself!)?
- Favourite place in the world – that you’ve been to?
- The place you would most like to go?
- Bungee jump or skydive (I haven’t done either but would probably skydive)?
- What’s the best part of blogging for you?
- Most played song over the last month?
- Favourite smell (for me, fresh cut grass, home baking, the beach)?
- Best holiday memory?
- Best tip for other new bloggers?
So there you have it. Thanks again Joel. Now you all go and check out those blogs!